Career Resources

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Stay in touch with a holiday greeting!

Yesterday I received a beautiful holiday card from a former student of mine. She included a very nice note to say thank you for my career advice and to update me on her career. I really enjoyed receiving this card, and I'm sure the mentors and other people in your network would love to receive a card from you as well.

Students often ask me how to stay in touch with the people in their network after their initial contact. I always tell them that the holidays are a great time to stay in touch. Usually I advise them to send an email, but I think sending a card makes an even greater impression, because it takes a little more thought and effort.

And with that, I wish you all a wonderful holiday season and all the best for a year ahead filled with much career success!

No comments: